Living our dreams starts with awareness of who we are and clarity about what we want to create. To make them come true requires taking that one small next step in the direction that’s calling us. Here’s to the journey that is life!
I just scheduled “Dream Time” with myself for the next 4 weeks. It’s just 15 minutes on my calendar. (If that’s too much, there’s value in just 5 minutes, or flashes of dreaming!). I’ll be considering the questions below. Maybe some of the questions call you, too, to reflect on what living the life of your dreams looks like?
Quotes to Contemplate
- Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. ~Goethe
- The world is all gates and opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us. ~Wilma Rudolph
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney
- Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living. ~Anais Nin
- If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up. ~J.M. Power
- It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. …I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed. ~Dale Carnegie
- The world lies in the hands of those who have the courage to dream and who take the risk of living out their dreams – each according to his or her own talent. ~Paulo Coelho
- The world would have you agree with its dismal dream of limitation. But the light would have you soar like the eagle of your sacred visions. ~Alan Cohen
- To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. ~Anatole France
- When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life. ~Greg Anderson
Click on the link below to access the September calendar featuring highlights from this post.
© copyright Vicki L. Flaherty, Leading With Intention, 2013
“The Dreamer” watercolor art by Maureen Electa Monte (www.montephotograhy.com)